When it comes to good health, nutrition is at the top of the list.
Sure, you need to exercise, but if you’re eating like a garbage disposal, you’re not doing yourself any favors.
Here are a few simple ways to improve your eating habits:
- Watch portion sizes: use a smaller plate; stop eating when you start to feel full; if you’re eating out, take half your meal home with you and save it for later.
- More fruit and vegetables: fill half your plate with fruits and vegetables. Eat fruit for dessert instead of sugary sweets.
- Better fats: use more olive oil; eat avocados; snack on almonds instead of chips.
- Eat more fiber: again, more fruits and vegetables, whole grains (brown rice instead of white; whole wheat pasta), beans, oatmeal.
- Drink more water: most people walk around in various degrees of dehydration. In fact, often times when you think you are hungry, you are actually thirsty. Your body is actually asking for water. Six to eight glasses a day is recommended. Start your day with a glass or two of water. Make it a habit.
Don’t try and overhaul your “diet” all at once.
It ain’t gonna happen and you know it.
One or two things at a time.
You can do it!